Monday, October 21, 2013

Creature Comforts


A new watercolour piece for my creature comforts series. I've been hard at work this past week and managed to not only get caught up on my client projects, but I've even managed to eek out a bit of time to work on my own projects as well. I found a perfect set of frames to go with these new paintings and I'll be working on getting them framed and presentable later today.




I had time to do a quick watercolour sketch over the weekend. My husband and I were walking back from the store on Sunday and we came across a nice little pub just down the road. We had a hankering for some chips so we decided to stop. I, in a nod to my husband's homeland, naturally ordered the fish and chips (with mushy peas, which I have discovered are delicious) and my husband ordered a ginormous hamburger in honour of my American heritage.

The day had started out warm and somewhat sunny so we decided to eat outside, however, the food took a bit longer to get than we expected and by the time it came the weather had turned dark and blustery. In true English fashion we braved the storm and managed to enjoy our meal in the great outdoors, though we ate rather quickly to avoid letting the food (and ourselves!) get too cold. The rain held off until we were just round the corner and within sight of the front door. It was a lovely little adventure to end a busy, but wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment