Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's Already August!


I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! I've been here in Norway about 7 months now, which just seems incredible. July was my busiest month by far and August promises to be just as hectic so it seems appropriate to ring in the new month with some busy bees.
I'm looking forward to finishing two of my own books this month and getting some prints ready for purchase as well. I'm also making sure to leave plenty of time for hiking, going out on the boat and taking road trips. In the past I have been too much of a work-a-holic so I'm forcing myself away from my desk and actually taking advantage of weekends.
I have lots of new art pieces to post, but in the meantime here are a few more snaps from my recent trip to Sweden.


I absolutely love these stencilled words on the interior church walls. This was one of the most lovely churches I have been to. The pictures don't do the colour palette inside justice. Sky blue and white walls with black lettering and deep mahogany pews; it has a classic antique feeling as well as being light and airy. I found it very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment